3.30.2011

sorrow and joy

my dear friends, my heart is literally aching right now. it is so unexplainable. one of the reasons why i have been MIA lately is not only that i'm right smack in the middle of my finals, but one of my best friends Risa, who has been struggling with a very rare and advanced form of cancer for the past year, is leaving this world very soon. I found out last wednesday that her liver is failing, and she was given no more than a week to live. And by now she only has a couple of days left, if anything. She has even gotten so far to the point where she cannot communicate or necessarily understand words spoken to her.

This girl has changed my life. not only has she been a faithful friend for years, but the guiding light that she is has opened my eyes. She has made me fall in love with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and changed my entire outlook on life. And not only is she ridiculously strong, but so is her family. They are valiant soldiers. And such good examples to me. I am now more thankful than ever for the knowledge of eternity that I have.

Prayers for me, but especially prayers for her and her family would be so very much appreciated right now. Thank you for your kind hearts.

mucho love.

2 comments:

  1. oh, sonja. i'm so sorry to hear that. we had a death in our family just this past week as well, and it is so bittersweet...heartachingly so. my thoughts and prayers are with risa and her family.
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much brittney! that means the world to me! I am also sorry to hear about your loss, and agree on the bittersweet-ness.

    ReplyDelete