10.12.2010

keep on keeping on

so, right now all i care about is keeping on! things have still been rough: in the last two weeks i've been to the doctor like 5 times and got my blood drawn twice!!!!!! but i just found out today that my results came back normal so thats a relief. today i took a 4 hour nap or something and woke up way surprised that i slept that long.

and right now i'm watching history as the chilean miners who have been underground for 3 months get rescued. its amazing that they've lived that long, with eating a tiny piece of bread and a sip of milk every day. so far 3 have been rescued. it simply is a miracle! and their strength gives me strength! if they can survive for three months underground, i can survive another week of college, with food to eat (even if its the classic ramen) computers to use, bed to sleep in, and friends to help me. :)

also, watching this rescue and the reporters covering it reminds me why my career that i'm working towards is so important to me. i want so badly to be there, letting the world know what is happening by the minute and using the story and experience to inspire people.

anyways, i had the blessing of going to utah not this weekend but the one before for conference! i wasn't actually able to go inside the conference center when i was in salt lake sunday because i didn't have a ticket but that was okay with me because i got to watch the sunday afternoon session with cal who i haven't seen in months in the joseph smith memorial building :)
but most of all i was happy to see mis padres and my mormor! they picked me up from my twin's melanie's apartment in provo saturday and we spent the day in provo together and had lunch with my cousins christer and karl and karl's cute wife socorro! i also got to see haleeeey badaley!!! i've missed her. we walked around university mall together saturday night with every other lds woman and their dog since priesthood session was going on.

conference was great and i learned so much. i also appreciate President Packer and his talk. he is completely right. our Heavenly Father would never make someone be born with something that goes against his laws, especially since He loves us. the Church also released a response to the HRC petition.

"The Church’s doctrine is based on love. We believe that our purpose in life is to learn, grow and develop, and that God’s unreserved love enables each of us to reach our potential. None of us is limited by our feelings or inclinations. Ultimately, we are free to act for ourselves."

i really like this quote.

here are some pictaaaas from conference!

mels and i! i heart my sister.

my mama!!! at the reflection pool temple square

cal and i :)

my minolta! i got some great shots of the temple and developed one for my photo class and i'm pretty proud of it. i'll eventually scan it and upload it here.

anyways i'm gonna go make some toast or something so peace out! and keep on keeping on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment