10.05.2010

faith

I did this for my free choice journal entry in my english class, and realized that it is pretty much my testimony. So I felt like sharing it and remembering it. (I also posted it on facebook hehe)


What is faith? In primary I was always taught that faith was like a little seed and if planted it will grow. In young women’s I was taught that “Faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true.” - Alma 32:21

And it means so much more to me now. I have learned through my experiences so far in life that faith is drastically more important to me than I might have thought before. When I look back on what has happened to me, two completely different things enter my mind: that those things were extremely hard, but yet that there are many other people, even people that I know, that have been through worse. I like to think that my gratitude for the things I have been through is because of my faith in my Heavenly Father.

However, sometimes I feel inadequate to have faith. When a challenge is really hard to face, sometimes the faith needed to overcome that challenge is even harder to come to terms with. I worry that I do not have enough faith to go through it.

But, as I have recently realized, I will never be inadequate of faith. It is not something that I need to deserve in order to have. If I plant my faith firmly, it will grow, even if it seems like there is not enough sunlight for that little seed to sprout. Yes, it isn’t easy. Yes, even my very testimony in my loving Savior Jesus Christ will be threatened with challenges that need faith. Faith that knowing the sun will rise and brighten each new day. Faith knowing that I will be able to get up every morning.

When I again look back, I also realize that maybe my faith has been more than adequate. So far I have been able to get through challenges and I’m still breathing. At the same time, I have been incredibly blessed with many miracles. And I truly believe that this is because of my faith in Christ. I think that every time I tell myself that everything will be okay I am saying a prayer to my Father in Heaven asking him to bless me with faith. I wouldn’t be able to ask for faith and receive it if I didn’t have faith that He would give it to me. Faith, no matter how much or how little, I will always have.

No comments:

Post a Comment