6.15.2010

drive with the windows down and the music up

survival rule #6: roll the windows down while driving. seriously. it will make you happier. and with the music up. tonight we had fhe in IF at Bro. Blatter's, and today was FINALLY so nice and warm, we could drive with the windowns down and not worry about freeeeezing! plus, i love that feeling. that carefree feeling of the wind blowing your hair around all crazy like, even though sometimes i gotta close or squint my eyes or else my contacts might fly out haha. anyways. so that made my day today. and i had a pretty good photoshoot today with these super cute sisters!! so that was fun and the weather was perfect. almost too perfect. believe it or not!

also, there was one of the most gorgeous sunsets i've ever seen in my life on the way home. i wanted my camera so bad! but i couldn't have possibly captured that. it was too amazing, i wouldn't have been able to do it justice, and i don't even know if any photographer could. it was pure beauty. and it reminded me of a conversation i had with kristin earlier. she had been telling me about how she had to stick her hands in a dead person today in her human anatomy class. and that it didn't really gross her out. (and i was like, pssh, no way jose would i have done that or ever will i....cause i would have been like "raaaalllllppppphhh") the reason why it didn't gross her out? she was fascinated. she said that it strengthened her testimony so much because it got her thinking, there is no way in heck that some big boom could have created this. and i completely agree with her. looking at that sunset, how could you not believe in God? also. that conversation with kristin reminded me of another conversation i had with a random girl in the library on saturday as i was working on my visual media project (thats on risa, by the way). she came up to me and sweetly asked if she could ask me a few questions, and i was like, sure! and she asked me, "in your opinion, what is a rational reason to believe in God?" and that kind of caught me off guard. because honestly, i've never really had to think about it in that context before. a rational reason to believe in God. what is rational? what isn't rational? there shouldn't be any rational reason...because everyone should believe in God....these were all thoughts going through my head as i was trying to say an answer that would actually make sense. then i knew it, a rational reason to believe in God is that by believing in God, i recieve hope. And not just any hope, hope that i can't get anywhere else. it is special and it is strong. then she asked me what an irational reason to believe in God would be. and i was like, well for one thing, this doesn't really apply to me because i DO believe in God and i've had him in my life all my life, but, an irational reason would definitely be faith. A lot of people don't have faith. they think it is irational to believe in something they cannot see. so, can you see the realization i've come to?! God is good, and He is real.

my back hurts so i think it might be time for bed, and i think i used waaaayy too much energy today and i need to rest easy so i can have a good week (even though by the time i get in bed or go to sleep or whatever it'll be 2am) since i've been feeling cruddy lately. stresssss. but God is good. :)

and oh, i almost forgot! google kept me entertained for quite some time this evening when i decided hey, i miss google pacman! and so i googled google pacman! play it and you will get addicted.

picture of the day by roselanni- cuteness personified! yes, personified. hehe. {gasp!}

No comments:

Post a Comment